Education for Employability is extremely relevant at Forest Pathway College. Our aim is to inspire young people to have belief and determination to follow their ideas, to take risks, and to understand how to live and work in today’s constantly changing world. We work to develop pupils skills and understanding where we ensure that all young people develop the personal qualities, skills, knowledge, understanding and attitudes which will give them a strong foundation for lifelong learning and work.
We achieve the above through:
- Weekly Careers lessons
- London Ambassador Programme - new to the school from September 2019
- Allocated tutorial sessions with a careers and employability focus
- School Council
- Mock interviews with employers - we plan to run this day in February 2020
- FE colleges invited in to speak to pupils during assemblies
- Taking pupils to Careers Events run by the London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Taking pupils to Open Days at FE Colleges.