Press release - Further details on exams and grades announced regarding Coronavirus(COVID-19)
Background to GCSE reforms
Changes to the GCSE's reflect the government’s intention that the qualifications better prepare students for further study and work, are more stretching for the most able students, and remain accessible to the range of students who have traditionally taken GCSE's.
At Burnside Secondary School we value our pupil's exam success as well as other vocational course results. Based on the recent Department for Education figures we are above the National Average for AP school, in English, Maths and a varied range of other subjects.
We also have other accreditations such as AQA Unit Awards and BTech: Sports and Active Leisure which our students access at Burnside.
For more information about GCSE's see link below.
Burnside Exam Results
*DFE 2018_AP_tables: GCSE and equivalent results in England 2017/18 (Revised)
Year 11 GCSE Results - 2018
1) 4+ in Eng/Maths (2017 onwards): 1/5 students = 20%
2) 4+ in Eng/Maths (2017 onwards): 0/5 students = 0%
3) Got a 3 or better in Maths : 1/5students = 20%
4) Got a 3 or better in English Lang/Lit : 2/5 students = 40%
5) Got 3 GCSE's or more at Grade C/Grade 4 or more in any subject: 1/5 students = 20%
Our other achievements in brief:
- 1 Year 11 got 4 GCSE's including English and Maths, a Grade 6 in English Literature and a Grade B in Preparation for Work
- 4 Year 10's got a Grade C in Preparation for Work
- 1 Year 10 student got both a 4 in Maths and a Grade C in Preparation for Work
- 1 Year 10 got a Grade 4 in Religious studies and Grade C in Preparation for Work
- 6 students inYear 11 achieved passes in 2 AQA Unit Awards for Sociology
- 7 students in Years 7 - 9 achieved passes in 5 AQA Unit Awards for Horticulture
These are students who have improved on their English, Maths and Science from their baseline assessment (average of 3 subjects) to the first half term data collection.
1. Daniella Ion – 7 sub levels (grade 1+ to 4-)
2= Daniel – 5 sub levels (grade 2+ to 4)
2= Usher – 5 sub levels (grade 1+ to 3)
2= Leon – 5 sub levels (grade 2+ to 4)
3. Malachi – 3 sub levels (grade 2+ to 3+)
The only student who has made progress across the 3 subjects is Raage and he has made 2 sub levels of progress (3b to 4c)