At Forest Pathway College we aim to educate all pupils about Healthy Lifestyles. We understand that promoting physical and emotional wellbeing is a crucial part of every child's development. We want our pupils to be confident individuals, who feel safe and happy at school. Woven into our curriculum are opportunities for pupils to learn how to be healthy and make the right choices. Teaching our younger generations about making the right choices in terms of eating, drinking, physical exercise, drug use, sexual relationships and lifestyle choices is crucial for later life.
These are some of the ways we encourage our children to develop and maintain healthy lifestyles:
- Offering a snack at breaktime and a healthy meal choice at lunchtime
- Encourage them to bring in a bottle of water or giving them access to drinking water during the day
- Through our P.E. curriculum, the children experience a range of different sporting activities and learn about the effects and benefits of regular exercise
- Teaching them the importance of balanced nutrition and healthy food choices are taught through the Science SMSC and the P.E curriculum
- We provide play equipment and areas which promote physical activity at break times, and we encourage all students to participate
- Our SMSC curriculum allows our students to express and understand the different feelings they experience. In these lessons, we are able to teach our students techniques for dealing with their emotions in a responsible manner and hope that helps them to make correct healthy life choices
- Displays around the building which focus on healthy eating and healthy lifestyles.