Although Burnside Secondary School PRU is an intervention within itself, we offer our pupils a variety of Interventions to enable them to progress with rapid success, academically, socially and emotionally. This includes, but is not limited to;
- 1:2:1 Sessions; Mentors; Spark 2 Life; School Nurse; 722; Safer Schools Officer; Educational Psychologist.
- Weekly Mentoring
- Regular meetings with students’ families and termly parent/carer events.
- Weekly assemblies on a variety of topics such as: Guy Fawkes Night, Knife Crime, Positive behaviour, Section 60 Stop and search, rewards for attendance and attainment.
- Home visits carried out by Safer Schools Officer, Student Social Workers, Mentors, Educational Welfare Officers.
Below are some examples of the Enrichment programme, these are also valuable intervention opportunities for our students.
- Queen Mary Workshop – (SPITE – Sharing/Publishing Images To Embarrass) Legalities in Sharing Images over Social media
- Hate Crime Workshops
- Jack Petchey Workshops – Student Voice/Speech writing
We have a strong team of support staff who facilitate these interventions and support our students. They include a team of Mentors who are allocated to each student individually and this allows them to have 1:1 sessions and greater support whilst in school. As a team the staff at Burnside excel in student support and intervention, changing our student's lives and making an impact by helping them overcome obstacles to learning and progression.