Although Hawkswood Primary PRU is an intervention within it's self, we offer our pupils a variety of Interventions to enable them to progress with rapid success, academically, socially and emotionally. This includes, but is not limited to;
- An on site Educational Psychologist working with particular pupils on a weekly bases.
- We provide daily precision teaching interventions. Precision Teaching involves short one-minute tasks to build skills by practising them regularly. Teachers identify the pupils who would benefit from the intervention via an assessment, and the pupils then have a daily session with an adult. The pupils are able to see their progress on a daily basis.
- An on site Speech and Language Therapist working with particular pupils on a weekly bases. These 1:1 sessions provide language therapy to those children in need to improving their skill set.
- Speech and Language group sessions weekly for our Key Stage 1 pupils. This provides attention, listening and communication skills to our pupils.
- Read Write Inc (RWI) groups run daily to support our pupils phonetical knowledge and reading skills.
- Evolving maths interventions run by our staff, tailored to individual pupils needs.