School council Minutes
Discussion: After School Clubs
- SCR discussed current after school club offer.
- SCR shared that pupils had requested the following clubs;
dance / cars / science / running / movies /lego /music
- SCR will create a 'voting' system where pupils can votes for the clubs they want.
- On 11.02.19 SCR will present the list in assembly and pupils will have until Wednesday to cast their votes.
- SCR to meet with Mrs Gentles by 16.02.19 to discuss findings and where to go from here.
Discussion: Safe Guarding/Child protection
- SCR discussed how children are protected. SCR gave examples of Bullying, physically hurting someone, emotionally or verbally hurting someone.
- SCR to present an assembly to whole school on Monday 30.01.19 to present the child friendly safeguarding and child protection policy.
Discussion: Online safety
- Recapped who are the safeguarding leads
- Discussed 'what is child protection?'
- Discussed how we learn about online safety in school and how this can be continued and built on
- SCR to meet with MG (Head) to discuss today's matters further
Discussion: reminders/pupil voice
- SCR reminded to change the British Values light boxes in classrooms and MG's office
- SCR reminded they are role models for other pupils
- SCR introduced to child friendly safeguarding policy
- What is safeguarding?
- Spoke about how to safeguard themselves
- What to do when around strangers
- NSPCC coming into school
* Can we have basket ball hoops on the wall in the outside playground?
* More playground equipment (climbing frame/monkey bars)
* Football pitch on grass
* Tyres to roll around
- How we present ourselves
- Supporting other pupils
- Holding meetings with whole class
- Learning how to start a meeting
- SCR in charge of changing British Value light boxes in classrooms fortnightly
- Look out for the KS1 Nurture Pupils
- Show visitors around the school
- Help with Breakfast
- SCR to give pupils stickers when they show a Growth Mindset/use of British Values